Thursday, October 16, 2008

I keep reminding myself- Every mom goes through this!

Just wanted to take a minute and welcome my friend Michelle to the blogging world...Hopefully you will do a better job of staying current than I have managed lately. I look forward to following your blog and watching little Amesley grow up. I'm excited to read your thoughts and follow your journey in faith- I already can tell how much I am going to learn- and hopefully you will learn from me that the adventures in motherhood are always messy, often frustrating, and usually the funniest stories you will ever hear or tell!

And on that note.... I ended up back at the Honda dealership yesterday, with the twins and Adam (who by the way was dressed as a pirate for pirate and princess day at preschool!). My check engine light on my car came on AGAIN! So we went in, obviously frustrated, and of course they took me right back- no one wants to know what its like when twins start to get bored! My car when hooked up to their code reader again showed the same code that led them to replace my entire computer system last week, but here's the kicker! Yesterday, the lead technician was available to look at my car, and explained to all of the men working for him that a loose battery cable on a Honda will bring up the same code! Yep! You guessed it! My positive battery cable was loose! And they had already replaced my entire computer system! Guess I'm lucky it was still under warranty! I sure wouldn't have been happy if I'd paid for that!

I think Daniel and I are suffering from severe loss of brain cells- after his fender bender and my car mishaps had us down to one rental car, 2 adults, and 4 kids for a day, we were so excited to get the van back. Two vehicles is an absolute necessity in our world and just a few hours was almost longer than we could manage! Then on Thursday night we misplaced the keys to the rental, and it was supposed to go back on Friday! We turned the house upside down for probably an hour before calling a locksmith, who promptly popped the lock and set off the alarm in the car! We were very lucky that the keys were actually in the car- as we didn't actually know until the horn was already blaring! The funny thing is the car was not locked until about 5 minutes before we realized the keys were missing! Daniel had to lock it to keep Hannah from playing in it! I'm filing this story away under the heading of "You might have too many kids if..." My friend Lindsey and I have recently had a running joke about the book we are going to write called "you might be a mom if...". Maybe "too many kids" could be the sequel? If anyone has any stories like this one, I'd love to hear them. I'm really needing to feel better about my parenting and organizational skills these days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I was thinkin of you. You sure have your hands full, but they are precious! I finally have my bog up and running again as well.